Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Note to Self: Don't Vote For Warner

I just read something that helped me decide never to vote for Mark Warner. I'm noting it here to refer to in the future, so if the subject becomes germane I can remind myself that Mark Warner is stupid.

Warner Says Kerry Shouldn't Have Targeted Bush Tax Cuts
Mark Warner (D) told Iowans that Democrats "have taken the wrong approach in arguing against tax cuts enacted under President Bush, singling out former Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's campaign as a reason the message did not resonate in 2004," the Des Moines Register reports.

"In order to appeal to more voters, the party ought to avoid alienating wealthier Americans."

Said Warner: "Even though the Bush tax cuts only applied to the top 2 percent of Americans, what I think the Kerry campaign missed was that the other 98 percent of Americans still aspired to get to the point in their life where they could qualify for the tax cuts."

No comments: